Dealer Co (NZ) Limited (referred to as Challenge, our, us, we) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information collected from customers and the general public.
- Personal Information
- The types of personal information we collect about you, and our use of that information, depends upon your dealings with us.
- Generally, the type of personal information that Challenge may collect about you can include your name, company name, postal address, email address, telephone and mobile phone number, job title, and date of birth/age range.
- If you do not provide all of the personal information we require, we may be unable to provide you with the products, services or access to the website you are seeking.
- We generally collect personal information directly from you. We may collect your personal information in person, or by telephone or through written information or forms that you submit to us online. We collect personal information that we require for the purposes of our business functions, promotions and activities.
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym. This option will not be available where we are required or authorised by law to deal with individuals who have properly identified themselves, or if we need to verify your identity in order to provide products or services to you.
- We will keep personal information as long as we need it for the purposes we collect it for, or as long as we are required by law to retain it, after which time we will destroy it or de-identify the personal information.
- Use and disclosure
- We will use and disclose your personal information (and that of third parties) for the purposes for which we collected it, for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect or to which you have consented, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us holding, using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with My Challenge services;
- to complete My Challenge transactions and where applicable, process any credit card payment transactions;
- to provide you with marketing and promotional information and materials which may be of interest (including updates and offers on behalf of third parties); and
- to contact you in response to your specific enquires and provide you with information you have requested.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from us, you may "opt out" at any time by contacting us or by using the opt-out mechanism provided in each communication, and your name will be removed from our marketing list.
- We may disclose personal information to third party contractors outside New Zealand for one of the purposes or a directly related purpose to those set out above. If we do disclose information to a third party overseas we require that third party to agree to adequately protect the personal information.
- You may seek access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us. We may require you to provide us with sufficient identification before providing access to your personal information. If we are required or authorised by law to do so, we may refuse access.
- Access to your personal information may be provided in a number of ways, including by providing you with a hard copy of the information, or by allowing you to view our records. If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us. If you satisfy us that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will amend our records accordingly.
Do you have any concerns, queries or complaints?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our management of your personal information, please get in touch with us. We request that any dispute or complaint be submitted in writing. We will confirm receipt of your complaint and your dispute or complaint will be investigated and we will respond to you.
NZTA Vehicle Register
From time to time we may access name and address information of Challenge customers via the NZTA vehicle register.
This is only done for the following reasons:
- Drive off without paying for fuel received
- Drive off after damage caused to property
- Drive off after verbal abuse of other customers or staff
Any information gained will only be used in relation to any of the above actions and will not be given out to any person not related to the above. You can notify the NZTA Vehicle Register to advise them that you do not wish your information to be accessed.